Dependable IT and Telephony Support
With over 30 years of experience and a professional, local team Tanist provide the ideal solution to all your IT, communications and technology needs – whatever the size, stage or location of your business. Our service, individually tailored to each business, allows us to specify, install and support small or large-scale projects, address challenges and provide flexible and agile ongoing support – giving you absolute confidence in your IT and telephony, and the knowledge that you have an IT ‘partner that can genuinely support your growth
Tanist's IT and Telephony expertise includes:
- IT and telephony consultancy – we listen to your current business needs, add to that an understanding of your future plans and making use of market leading technology to build the best solution for your business.
- Systems design, configuration and installation – our experienced technicians will make sure that all hardware and software are installed and configured to provide a secure, robust and functional system.
- Professional purchasing and installation – we make use of our buying power to get the best deals from our suppliers and then ensure that everything is installed and configured to meet the needs of the business.
- Data backup and security – we will work with you to identify what systems need to be backed up and then make sure that this is configured, tested and monitored for adequacy and security to fully protect your data.
- Business Wifi and network solutions – we ensure that your communications networks are robust and resilient so that you have the best phone and data systems to support all types of business, staff, customer and supplier communication.
- Systems continuity, maintenance and support – we work hard to protect your systems and data so that when something bad happens you are protected and can if necessary, move to a different location independent of your IT.
Tanist IT and Telephony support is tailored to your specific needs, offering flexible options including:
- Specialist IT consultancy and problem solving – providing you with the expertise to address ‘one-off’ issues, develop and design IT and communications systems, address specific IT problems or
- Contracted IT and Telephony Support – operating as, or alongside, your ‘in-house’ team, to support your business’s operational and developing IT needs – including remote and onsite support, proactive monitoring, priority response, service discounts and IT development guidance
- Pay-As-You-Go Support – providing you with competitive ‘time based’ access to our professional support team to help with ad-hoc issues and systems challenges, and provide IT project support
St. Enodoc Golf Club has used Tanist Computers as their technical specialists since 2005. In this time, they have provided the Club with hardware and software support, website design assistance, consultancy work and on-going technical support. We have always found them to be highly professional in their approach. They are attentive, friendly and responsive, which is a primary need in today's business environment. Tanist employees seem to have a basic understanding of how frustrating it is when the computer system is not functioning properly! Their calm and confident approach in solving our problems is very reassuring. Under their guidance we feel we have the best in computer care.
— Tuck Clagett, General Manager, St. Enodoc Golf Club
We run two businesses with a total of 16 workstations. Both businesses rely heavily on computer hardware and software. Tanist have been with us from the start, installing and maintaining our desktop and server hardware and software and all associated infrastructure. There is no job too small or big, whether it's adding a new user or configuring a new server, they do it all with a smile. Additionally, more than 80% of our sales are online and as a consequence, web development is critical to our success. Tanist have worked with us on several major projects with outstanding results. Everything from setting up a blog to a complete fully responsive, database driven, searchable, all singing all dancing website. Tanist deliver an excellent product and outstanding service. I highly recommend them to anyone (except competitors) who is looking for excellent service with attention to detail.
— Mathew Filewood, General Manager, Cornish Traditional Cottages & Scotts Castle Holidays
Tanist have always been there for us, resolved any issues and never let us down, what more can you say?
— Alex Roads, Director, John Bray & Partners
Here at St Joseph’s we have been working with Tanist since before I joined the school in 2010, and we have always enjoyed an excellent working relationship. Their flexibility, reliability and focus on what is best for the school, as opposed to trying to fit us into a predesigned model, has been of huge help as we have transformed our IT provision in recent years. Their bespoke service, catering for a truly unique school in the ever changing education sector, is first rate. They are excellent at listening to what we require, providing solutions that fit our business, and doing this to a tight deadline and within the constraints imposed by school holiday work requirements. Most remarkable is that this is always done with a smile and a genuine sense of partnership, where I feel we are collaboratively working towards a shared goal rather than us simply being another name in an accounts ledger. I would thoroughly recommend the services of Tanist: Chris, Jon and the team have been invaluable to St Joseph’s as we have together innovated and adapted our IT provision to make this fit for the world our students now inhabit.
— Oliver Scott, Headteacher, St Joseph's School
Some of the technologies we use: